Breakfast and the Tour
The concept is simple: Rise early and enjoy an authentic Creole breakfast, followed by our award-winning guided, Edgar Degas House Creole Impressionist Tour.
Upon arrival, guests get treated to a cooked-to-order, homemade breakfast, with offerings such as French Waffles with fresh fruit, over-sized Creole Omelets with choice of fillings, or Bananas Foster Pain Perdu (French toast topped with caramelized bananas), and more. In addition, a complimentary Bloody Mary or Mimosa accompanies each meal, provided by the Edgar Degas Foundation. Following their meal, visitors take part in our world-renowned guided tour experience, featuring one of the great-grandnieces of Degas as the lead tour guide. The tour includes exploring the historic home, museum, courtyard, and Degas’ studio, and viewing the award-winning documentary, "Degas in New Orleans, a Creole Sojourn". Also included is the Creole Neighborhood of Edgar Degas Walking Tour, which explores references to the neighborhood included in Degas' New Orleans letters. Creole Breakfast and the Tour is $50 per person (regular price: Breakfast $25/person; Tour $29/person). Breakfast is served between 9:00 am and 10:00 am. Reservations required. Total time for the tour is 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Breakfast and the Tour Menu: DOWNLOAD PDF
The Documentary Features:
- Jim Byrnes, Director Emeritus, New Orleans Museum of Art
- John Bullard, Director, New Orleans Museum of Art
- Dr. Gail Feigenbaum, Curator of Paintings, New Orleans Museum of Art Curator, Degas and New Orleans, A French Impressionist in America
- Dr. Marilyn Brown, Professor of Art History, Tulane University; Author, Degas and the Business of Art, A Cotton Office in New Orleans
- Dr. Christopher Benfey, Mellon Professor of English, Mount Holyoke